Printable Version Here
Techni Ice Dry Ice/Gel Packs HDR 4 Ply
Instructions for Use, Tips and Policy
- Hydrate your Techni Ice reusable dry ice/gel packs with warm water.
- Keep Techni Ice dry packs FULLY IMMERSED while hydrating the cells, as water enters from both sides to activate polymer.
- “Scrunch” sheets between hands while fully immersed in warm water until the air bubbles have escaped and cells have completely hydrated. (On occasion some cells swell more rapidly than others. In this case “rubbing” the slower cells between the fingers will result in faster, more even hydration). This also ensures a long product life and eliminates straining of the outer plastic layer covering the individual cells.
- There are NO REFUNDS of Techni Ice once it is activated. All sales are final.
- Completely dry off your techni Ice sheets with a large towel before placing them in the freezer
- Your Techni Ice should start frozen. A gradual cold transfer will take place which slowly transfers the cold energy from Techni Ice into the perishables and drinks, etc. this will eventually leave the Techni Ice reusable in the softer state and the perishables and drinks icy cold for a long period. You will note that the Techni Ice cells still retain significant chill factor even in the eventual softer state.
Hints for optimum performance of your Techni Ice reusable dry ice/gel packs
- If using Techni Ice for multiple days, the recommended usage is 1 sheet of Techni Ice per 6 quarts of cooler size. The more mass of Techni Ice the better and longer it will last. Techni Ice takes up less space than regular water ice, is lighter and will not make a wet soggy mess in your coolers.
- Place a sheet or more on top of your perishables or drinks, as cold falls (heat rises).
- The colder the food or drinks are when placed into the cooler the longer Techni Ice will keep them that way. Pre-chilling your cooler will also help in extending the cold retention of your Techni Ice.
- Techni Ice can also be cut to size, between the individual cells, to fit your application.
- When using Techni Ice in a frost-free freezer, your sheets may partially dehydrate over a period of time because of the dry humidity created by frost-free freezers. If you are going away for an extended period, turn your freezer to maximum freeze for 3 or 4 days before departing. Unlike water ice, Techni Ice being an industrial refrigerant will maintain temperatures beyond waters freezing point. The lower the temperature Techni Ice is frozen at the longer it stays frozen.
Storage: Techni Ice is virtually maintenance free, but can be soaked under the water every so often or every 6 months to maintain or regain hydration.
Travel Hint: Say you are going away for a long period. If you take an additional you can take full advantage of Techni Ice’s commercial performance. Freeze several sheets and put them in your spare cooler. Fill your first cooler for immediate use. When the first set of Techni Ice thaws out, replace them for the additional sheets and continue your trip.
DO NOT mix Techni Ice with regular ice, as regular ice melts much faster and will absorb the energy from Techni Ice to try and stay frozen, resulting in Techni Ice losing its chill much quicker than if used by itself.
Hot Compress: To use Techni Ice hot,place a full sheet in the microwave (in increments of 1 minute) making sure after each minute that Techni Ice is not too hot to place on your body or use. Always use a towel between your body and the product and remove immediately if it feels too hot.
Hot Food: Techni Ice can be used inside coolers or insulated cooler bags for keeping food hot.
ABSORPTION OF JUICES
When using Techni Ice in contact with meat, fish or liquids, it is a good idea to seal your Techni Ice in a plastic bag to prevent the possible absorption of any fluids.
USING TECHNI ICE IN CAR OR RV FRIDGES
Got a 12 volt or gas fridge? One or two sheets of Techni Ice kept in the fridge dramatically reduces battery drain by acting as the ultimate electric plate, maintaining lower temperatures thereby limiting thermostat activity.
WHAT A GREAT GIFT IDEA
Remember, because Techni Ice comes in a dehydrated form it is the ultimate “just add water” gift that can be folded into a Christmas or Birthday card, saving the recipient a fortune on ice!!!